“It’s a brand new day, and you’ve got me sayin’…”
Albums and exclusive unreleased material: enjoy!
The Velvet Lounge
Album, 2018Coming Soon
"The Velvet Lounge" is Melina’s third release, a concept album of jazz standards. These songs are frequently part of her live performance repertoire.
Excerpts from "The Velvet Lounge" Album
- At Last (Harry Warren, Mack Gordon)
- Fever (Eddie Cooley, Otis Blackwell)
- Georgia On My Mind (Hoagy Carmichael, Stuart Gorrell)
- Besame Mucho (Consuelo Velazquez)
- Moondance (Van Morrison)
- Cry Me a River (Arthur Hamilton)
- Les Feuilles Mortes (Jacques Prevert, Joseph Kosma, John Mercer)
- The Girl From Ipanema (Antonio Carlos Jobim, Normal Gimbel)
- Summertime (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin, DuBose Heyward)
- This Masquerade (Leon Russell)
- The Look of Love (Burt Bacharach, Hal David)
- Save the Last Dance for Me (Doc Pomus, Mortimer Morty Shuman)
- La Vie en Rose (Édith Piaf, Louiguy)
On her first full album, Melina uses influences from Blues, Indie Rock and even Reggae to create a collection of 10 daring, yet tuneful and catchy songs. The album was accompanied by the music video, “The Mama Song“.
City of Love
EP, 2009Out of Print
Melina’s first six-song EP. It spawned two music videos, "X-Ray Eyes" and "City of Love", the former of which received extensive airplay on Canadian national TV stations Bravo! and CJNT (now City TV) as the EP's leading single.